Allan ‘AJ’ Baxter lives in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and specializes in digital photography with a primary focus on fine art landscape compositions and casual portraiture. He has over 35 years of photographic experience and is internationally published in print and on the web.
His fine art landscape photography is inspired by exploring remote places, international travel and his career as a Professional Geologist. A common theme in his images is the geological and geographical geometries, patterns and colours found in the natural landscape. Often, the original composition is just the starting point in a custom transformation that evolves from a personal intepretation of mood and emotion.
- Calgary Stampede Photography (2009 – Present): Capturing the western spirit in downtown Calgary. 5000+ images on the internet and over 2.5 million views to-date. Flickr Link: Calgary Stampede
- Calgary Stampede 2017 DTA Slideshows: Slideshows
- A Collection of Casual Portraits – Calgary Stampede 2009-2015 – Published April 2016, hardcover fine art portfolio, 102 pages. Book Link: Portrait Portfolio
- Oil & Gas Facilities: Glenogle Energy Inc – Lobby display comprising 5 large high dynamic range black & white canvas panels displaying oil & gas facilities from Northern Alberta.
- Art Gallery of San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize